Period: 2012 – 2013
Development of a software tool for optimal wind farm design based on a large and heterogeneous set of digitalised data containing information from different fields (wind climate, geography, environment, archaeology and land ownership), that will be treated, validated, standardised and converted to this end.
Sopcawind optimizes the location of windfarms by considering several criteria such as wind power, local environment characteristics, and potential interference on communication systems, visual impact or the existence of archaeological sites. 3E played the role of Technical Advisor on the following tasks:
• Ancillary services requirements and potential sources
• Wind Turbine Capabilities and costs
• Solar PV Capabilities and costs
• Transmission grid case studies
• Distribution grid case studies